Friday, March 4, 2011

Auditions

Where to begin?

I received a callback for the student film that I auditioned for at NYU. The callback is this Saturday at 2:15. I am very nervous. Here's why- the director wants me to come in, and improv a scenario that he gives me. I am going to improv this scenario with the actress who has already been cast. For anyone who is unaware of what improv is, it is when you act on the spot with no script. I am trained in improv yet it still makes me a bit uneasy. The script has no lines so there will be no reading from the script. The director said that I should not be nervous because he has seen that I can do good things and now he just wants to see if those good things are right for this particular film. I just need to think positive- I have a callback!

I also received another audition for a student film on Saturday. I agreed to audition at 5:45 not realizing that the film is not an NYU student film; it is a SVA (School of Visual Arts) student film. NYU is near West 4th and SVA is on 23rd Street, what to do with the time in between? I hope I do not have to cold read at the audition and that they want a monologue. Although, I must admit that cold reading and improv help me develop my skills more as well as push me outside of my comfort zone which is very good.

Today I am acting as "Bert Kessler" in acting class. I spoke to the professor and tonight I have decided that the character is going to be deaf. I watched a documentary called "Through Deaf Eyes" to familiarize myself with deaf culture. I feel that I am able to speak like a deaf person fairly well. I also learned how to sign part of my script for the piece tonight.

In the script I have to be hunting. Thus, I need a rifle. Because I can't bring any realistic looking gun with me to the city, I made my own gun- out of paper! It is made of computer paper, index cards, hot glue, and tape. There is absolutely nothing else that was used to make the gun. The gun looks fairly real. I am going to post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment