Saturday, March 12, 2011

So close... Yet, so far..

Well, I didn't get the part for the first film that I had an audition and a callback for. This is what the director emailed me, "Ugh, this is my least favourite e-mail I've written in a long time. You did great at the callback, and Ellpetha and I were both impressed and also taken with you as a person. In the end, it was between you and one other person, but in the end we had to go with what we felt would best serve the story."

It is nice to know I did well at the audition. I finally felt amazing after an audtion as if I had finally put all my talent and technique to the test. But, it hurts when you don't get the part, especially when you are so close. I don't take rejection well and I don't know if I ever will. And that is not good considering the field I am in.

I gave up my Spring Break for the other student film. I took a leap of faith and gave up a ticket to Florida, not knowing if I will even get the part. I have yet to get a call or email about the casting and the film shoots in a week from today. I suppose it is safe to say I did not get the part.

I am hoping that this feeling I have will  not be a feeling I come to know exclusively throughout the next yr and a half that I am taking off of school.

Word of the day: dissapointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment